Peanut Butter Bars

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Nigella Lawson

Bottom:
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
Top:
9 ounces (1 cup + 1 TB) milk chocolate pieces or chips
4 ounces (1/2 cup) bittersweet chocolate pieces or chips
2 tablespoon unsalted butter

1. Mix all the bottom ingredients by hand until they are well incorporated. It may look sandy and that's ok.
2. Press the mixture into a pyrex or brownie pan, the size really depends on how thick you want your bars. I used a 7 x 11 glass baking dish which I thought was perfect. Make the surface as even as possible.
3. Melt the chocolates and butter in a saucepan on low, then spread evenly on top of the base. If you have leftover chocolate chips, toss on top.
4. Put the dish in the refrigerator to set. When the chocolate has hardened (it takes approx. 1.5 hours for the chocolate, but the longer the better for a firmer peanut butter base) cut into squares

{First I didn't use bittersweet chocolate I used German sweet chocolate and I used 1/2 c. chunky peanut butter and 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter. I also didn't have any unsalted butter on hand so I used regular sweet cream salted. Overall we really liked them and will make them again!}